Many times ¼” square mesh screens are left on the vent outlet on roof or outside wall that aren’t allowed by international building codes, because they easily clog with lint, blocking airflow. Many dryer vent cleaning contractors in Arlington Heights, IL don’t know the code, or don’t care, or don’t know which vents are for dryers. We remove them and install bird guards that can be viewed for clogging, where necessary. Many associations have new roofs installed, and many have these screens that were completely clogged with ½ inch or more of lint on them. This can occur in just a few months of use. This can completely block airflow.
Contractors charge $85 to $270. to properly clean, or blow out only, but blowing only can make the clog worse if any screens aren’t removed! This also doesn’t remove all of the moist, caked on lint, but most homeowners don’t know this. Some will brush and blow out for more money, or charge by the foot over 10 feet, but they won’t do 1-11 below. Here’s what we do for safety and peace of mind for a reasonable price. Discounts for multiple units. The process takes about one hour to complete.
1. Do this inspection
2. Clean out the pipe from dryer to wall. White plastic isn’t code. We’ll install correct pipe.
3. Clean out the lint within the dryer itself that gets beyond the lint trap with brush and vacuum. By design, 35% of the lint passes through the lint trap or the dryer wouldn’t dry, like I said before.
4. Vacuum walls and floor and wash floor under dryer if necessary.
5. Vacuum out dryer from rear while it is running to complete dryer cleaning.
6. Run spinning brush or high-pressure reverse-blowing air thru pipe from roof or outside wall, into laundry room while vacuum is running in pipe to suck up loosened lint.
7. Reinstall proper vent piping correctly with quality stainless steel, worm gear clamps that hold pipe securely and don’t come off like spring clamps when dryer is moved to clean or retrieve items.
8. Wash outside of dryer, reposition and balance.
9. Test run dryer to make sure it is working properly.
10. Make sure water hoses (for washer) are tight. Rubber washers shrink over time.
11. Make sure gas pipe (for dryer) is proper material (brass pipe isn’t code), and not leaking.
Dryer Vent Cleaning in Arlington Heights, IL pays for itself in gas and electricity savings and not prematurely wearing out dryer and clothes!
Insured to $2,000,000-work guaranteed- references available-Same day service available.